Mission & History

Our Mission and History

Our Mission

The mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Cumberland - Lincoln is "to be a positive force in the growth and development of all youth of Cumberland-Lincoln, by providing leadership, guidance and support, with a wide range of educational and physical activities in an enjoyable and secure environment, where youth can develop character and the qualities of responsible citizenship." 

We constantly strive to provide a positive environment within our facility with programs and services that are integral to our communities.

Programs and Services Offered

The Boys & Girls Club of Cumberland-Lincoln offers a variety of programs and services that serve the communities of Cumberland and Lincoln. 

Our offering change throughout the year under three different categories.
  1. Athletics
  2. Aquatics
  3. Child Care 
To see the current offerings in each of those categories please click the links below!
Athletics Aquatics Child Care

Our History

On February 13, 1956, the Cumberland Boys Club was founded and incorporated by a group of dedicated citizens. With the support of the town, business, industry, civic and fraternal organizations, the Club's first facility, American Legion #14 was opened. 

With a minimal budget and a staff of volunteer help, the effort was a success and the club grew rapidly and brought to light the need for a larger facility. The dedicated founders were committed to a philosophy of "Sincerity- Dedications-Cooperation". 

Working together, they took their dream and made steps to turn it into a reality. 

In 1959, the Town of Cumberland donated a two-acre plot that is now the current site of the facility, and in 1960, a capitol fund-raising campaign was undertaken in the Towns of both Cumberland and Lincoln, for the construction of a new clubhouse.On May 28, 1961 the new building was dedicated. 

The Club's name changed in 1960 to the Cumberland-Lincoln Boys Club, and the Club became a member of the United Fund in 1962. A new pool and addition were dedicated and ready for use in July, 1970. In 1974 the Hysen Chelo Memorial Field was constructed. In 1982 a capitol campaign allowed for major additions of indoor program areas. In March 1996, ground was broken for the Berkeley Village Recreational Facility with outdoor court activities. 

The Cumberland-Lincoln Boys Club was founded to promote the health, social, educational, vocational, and character development of boys. 

With changing times and attitudes and the needs of our communities, the Cumberland-Lincoln Boys & Girls Club now provides a well-rounded foundation for community activity, for boys, girls, men, women, and community groups. 

With these concepts in mind, we will continue to provide a facility, programs, and services that are integral to our communities. 
Share by: